To our valued patients,
Now more than ever, health is at the forefront of everyone’s mind, and oral health plays an important role in the maintenance of our overall well-being. At this time, we are seeing only emergency, and periodontal maintenance.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our office provides a safe environment for our patients. Our standards for sterilization and cleanliness were already in place, but we’re taking it up another notch. Please don’t be alarmed by this added caution, we are simply being proactive to completely safeguard your wellness! At your next visit, you can expect:
We ask that you please brush and floss BEFORE you arrive for your appointment. This is very important as the washrooms may be closed.
- Enhanced patient protection measures: All our team members have upgraded their protective personal protective equipment (PPE) as per RCDSO and Ministry of health guidelines for all appointments.
- Patient pre-screening: We pre-screen patients in advance over the phone for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors to ensure our office stays COVID-free. We also screen our team members. A second patient screening will be done upon entry into the clinic and your temperature will be taken using a digital thermometer.
- We ask you to call and wait, for your scheduled appointment safely outside the clinic, such as in the parking lot. We’re moving you in and out of treatment rooms quickly (and safely) and encouraging you to wait outside the office prior to your appointment preferably in your car. We’ll call you when we’re ready to see you—and don’t forget to wear your mask.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. In the case of a minor, one parent or guardian may escort their child. Be aware both will be subject to the full check-in protocol.
- Sanitation stations: Before accessing our office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Face masks: If you’re able to wear a mask to your appointment, please do so. Otherwise, we will provide you with one upon entry into the clinic.
- Physical distancing: 2 meters physical distancing will be practiced at all times, except as necessary for the provision of care.
- We’ve always been committed to the highest safety standards—and now deep cleaning has a whole new meaning as we sanitize chairs and surfaces between visits. Masks are required for everyone in the office, including team members and patients. If you don’t have one, we’ll provide you one at the front desk.
- We’ve adjusted our operations to keep you and care teams safe. Staggered appointments limit the number of people arriving and give us plenty of time to clean in between. And if you’re an older adult or have underlying medical conditions, we’ll see during a slower time of day.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us at 416-749-1201
We value your trust and loyally
– COVID-19 – Regarding Our Safety | Humber Summit Family Dental
*Should you have any concerns please give us a call and we can make arrangements on a case by case basis